fredag 31 augusti 2012

Clean up and inspiration

The process of clean up continues as you see below:


This is the second half of the second page. As I'm rolling along with this project I've noticed that I'm way outside of my comfort zone, which is good and challenging but also a bit scary. How will the end product look like? Will it be any good?

If you remember, I wrote about inspiration a couple of weeks ago. The question was, when do you do the best work, is it when you're inspired or is it when you're not so? I remember when I was animating a sequence a while back, one day I had this huge inspiration, I worked fast, the papers just flew around my drawing board, later when I did the linetest, let's just say the sequence needed much more work, much, much more! Another time on the same project I really didn't feel the warm wind of inspiration on my back at all, it was just cold and damp. But when I did the linetest, the sequence worked fine! So the question remains, when do you do your best work? Of course there are lots more parameters to take in, but it's an interesting question to ponder!

Speaking of inspiration, these last weeks I've tried to look for it and to obtain it through different ways, looking in books, browsing the internet etc, I've even tricked myself into drawing, and it worked! So as they say, every way is good except the bad! The reason why I tried to find the inspiration, is that I wanted to try to get inspired when I was not. Maybe that's just the way it is, some days your inspired and some days your not. My latest research in this area tells me that if you just begin your work, you will soon get inspired, if not, you can try the multitude of ways to get inspired. Only you know how you can get the fix of inspiration! Boy, I'm starting to sound like a self help book...

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar