fredag 3 augusti 2012

Character design and Inspiration

This week I've finished the character design for my main characters Quentin and Héloise. You can see a quick snapshot of the character sheets below. When I have begun drawing the comic there might be some small changes, but I'll take them as they come. Right now I'm working on the design for the supporting characters.


This week I've also realized that even though I like the current project that I'm working on, I'm already thinking on my next project and planning that. At first I thought that I didn't like the current one, but I do. And then I thought that it might be that the grass is greener on the other side, but I came to the conclusion that: the thought of the next project fuels me with inspiration, force and energy to finish the current project. As an example I can take my last project, the lipsync, when I was working on that I thought on this comics project and could hardly wait to get going, and now when I have, I'm thinking on my next project and planning that one. I guess that's how I work.

Another truth that I discovered this week is that my different ways of expression (animation, comics, icons, violins) gives inspiration and force to one another, and takes time and effort at the same time. Heavy, huh? What I mean is that the different expression or craft gives inspiration to other ways of expression. But at the same time when I'm working on one expression, that one takes time and effort that I could've given another expression. Heavy, indeed!

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar