fredag 31 januari 2014

Necronasses lilla svarta

Earlier I've written about a release party for a quote book... Last weekend it took place and it was a lot of fun!

But first things first, here it is in all it's glory:



Translation:
Death Piglets Necromantics with friends presents: Death Piglets Little Black (book)
50 illustrated quotes


Although not all of the creators were there, I still got signatures from those present.

So how did it all got started you ask?
Well, The Swedish comics collective Nasses necromantiker/Death Piglets Necromantics started in Hofors at the comics school, in the late 1990s (I guess), mixing their love of comics and games, and the result was their own comic book: Nasses Nekrozin/Death Piglets Necrozine. It still gets published but not as frequent as before. I've made one appearance in 2002.

And the quote book?
In late winter/early spring 2011 me and some friends were going to have a tasting of my latest mead. Jan Kustfält then talked about this quote book, that he was involved in and asked if we were interested. I looked at the quotes which were very funny, and I found one and I instantly got an idea that I sketched in my notepad. Later I decided to find some more quotes to illustrate and I posted them here on the blog, you can look at them here:

http://www.pglidstrom.blogspot.se/2011/02/weekend-update_25.html

http://www.pglidstrom.blogspot.se/2011/04/weekend-update_15.html

http://www.pglidstrom.blogspot.se/2011/04/happy-easter.html

http://www.pglidstrom.blogspot.se/2011/04/weekend-update_29.html

http://www.pglidstrom.blogspot.se/2011/05/weekend-update.html

http://www.pglidstrom.blogspot.se/2011/06/weekend-update_10.html

These are all works in progress. Later I inked them and scanned them and sent them to Jan. Two of the illustrations got into the book, they decided to let the creators do two quotes each. I then waited for the quote book, and waited, and waited... When I was approached to be a part of it, they had a deadline and it all felt real, like it was going to happen. But as it turned out it didn't. It felt a bit sad. I don't really know, why it got put on hold, it just did.

The years passed, in december last year when we had a tasting of a very strong "glögg" that I had mixed together, Jan told me that they had sent the quote book to the printer! Fortunately I sat down, because if I hadn't I would've fallen.

Last week I attended my first release party as a creator, it was a lot of fun, and I got to sign a few of the books myself. I hope this wasn't my last release party, I liked the taste of it!

The day after when I read the book for the first time. I was amazed about the talent that I got to rub shoulders with in this book.

So, what have we learnt from this:

1) Good things comes from drinking strong beverages, of my own creation!

2) If a project doesn't get published right away, that doesn't mean it will never see the light of day. It probably will, but in another way.

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar