fredag 13 september 2013

Inking will begin!

Last week and also this week I've had a look at the pages to see if they needed more work, and I've decided that they are ready to get inked!

It's funny that sometimes you hear someone say something and it lingers on, and you remember it. Many years ago, well not that many - just a few, a friend of mine said something about pencil mileage. That to be better at drawing you need to draw, and draw, and draw and do some more drawing. I don't remember what I thought about that, back then I drew when I had to, I didn't have a plan. Maybe two or three years later, I decided to have a plan. I think I've written about this in an earlier post.

With this plan, I actually got some drawing done! But I didn't see any progress... Sure some drawings stood out, but I didn't see giant leaps of improvement. So that talk about pencil mileage, ah phooey! Two or three years ago I could leave my plan behind me, because now I'd gotten the "drawing" in me, it was something that I did without being asked to do or needed to do, whenever I had spare time I drew, or I planned my life so that I could have days of drawing instead of hours, here and there. When I was coloring chapter 4 of Pilgrim, I noticed that one panel actually looked good, maybe even great... and when I did the sketching in red for chapter 5 I kind of realized that I've gotten better, so maybe those words about pencil mileage wasn't just phooey!

It sounds easy when you say it, but if you want to get good at something, you need to do it over, and over, and over again. Practice makes perfect!

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar