fredag 15 juni 2012

Why animation?

After looking at the pile of drawings for the previously mentioned lipsync, one might ask that question. Why among the various ways of expressing art did I choose animation?

Well, as many kids I had a love for animation, as I got older my interest deepened and I started to read magazines and books about animation and comics. I've always read and still reads comics, but it was something special with animation. We're in the 90s now and animation has a boom going on with great movies coming out from Disney and other companies. I had a rough talent for drawing, and I believe it was in '95 that I made the decision to take steps towards the animation field. So I took art lessons. Those lessons led to art school and that art school led to animation school!

But why animation?
I mean no sound man can put so many hours on a clip that takes a few seconds to watch...
Well, to go deeper into this mystery, I think it has to do with the drawing that moves. I think that's the only way to explain it. The still drawing that moves. When I put the drawings into the computer and it works, that's the greatest feeling. That's when those hours by the drawing board pays off. And when it doesn't work, it's equally frustrated! For me animation equals hand drawn animation, even though I've seen lots of 3d movies and liking them, in my head animation still is hand drawn.

My next animation project will be to explore the digital scene, if it will be 2d or 3d I don't know at the moment, maybe it will be both? But before I do that I'm going to do a project of mine that's been calling on my attention for quite some time, more news will follow...

So here is the pile of drawings for the lipsync. I haven't counted them, because that is not so important to me, the important thing is that the animation works!

Take care!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar