fredag 16 mars 2012

Self portrait

Hi!

This week I made this self portrait, so I figured it might as well be my update for this week. I've been thinking that the camera can be quite crude in all it's details and portray the object very naturalistically. Which doesn't come as a surprise because that's what cameras do! But do they capture the essence of the object or the person?
I think that depends on who is holding the camera! I find it hard to be a photographer, which you probably have seen here on the blog. I just press the button and hope for the best, that's my philosophy when it comes to photography!
But when I draw a self portrait, I find it easier to find the essence and I don't get as disappointed with the end result as when I've been photographed.
The drawing below is how I found myself this week. It's been my way of portraying myself for a couple of years now, and for you who doesn't know your animation history, it is inspired by the early animation style of the 20s and 30s, like the Fleischer studio. If you are interested in finding more self portraits of me I suggest you go to the earlier updates when I started this blog.

Take care!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar