fredag 23 mars 2012

Me and Modesty

I'm trying something new and a slightly bigger project for the upcoming weeks. And the theme for these updates will be Modesty Blaise. One of the coolest comics characters ever! But first there is a story, as always...!

Me and Modesty Blaise don't go that far back. I kind of knew of the character before I read the comic. I can't remember when I read the comic for the first time, but if I'm going to pin point it, it would be somewhere in the 90s, I guess... A funny thing though is that I may have seen the movie from the 60s before I read the comic... Talk about getting not the ultimate introduction to the Modesty universe! Speaking about the movie, I kind of like it in it's 60s camp and groovy way, it's sad though that they couldn't get movie makers that had a feel for the comic. I think that would have made a better movie that way. But back to the comic! So there I was not having giving it a fare chance, not until my nephews wanted to sell books and magazines for christmas 2009. While I was browsing what was on offer, I stumbled upon the "Agent X9 Specialalbum 2009". So during the holidays 2009 I got to read my first Modesty adventures, for real. And since then I've been reading it steadily in the comics magazine Agent X9 here in Sweden. The magazine had fanart from Swedish comics artists for a while and I thought that I would give that a go!

So without further ado I give you my first sketch of Modesty Blaise, it's in pencil, when I scanned it I tried to get it as clean as possible. Here I've just tried to get a feel for the character and trying to get a cool pose. Actually I "borrowed" the pose from one of the posters by Yves Thos for the James Bond movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". One of my top three Bond movies! I think it's kind of cool that I borrowed the pose from a Bond movie, when it's a common mistake to take Modesty for an agent, which she is not. She just sometimes helps Tarrant out when he finds himself in a pickle!

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar