fredag 5 juni 2015

the White buses

Finally some pictures!

For the documentation of the day we had with the White buses (see the post below) I did an illustration and a comics page. At first I didn’t think that I would do something for the event. Because we had already gotten a great illustrator. But then I gave it some more thought, and I got two ideas, that were good enough to work with.

Here they are:



This is a sketch of the illustration. The photo here is not that great, but I think you will get the picture...


At first I thought that I would ink the illustration with a steel nib. But that kind of went side ways...and then I tried some different inking nibs and pens and finally a brush! Which to my amazement was the best! So inking with brush is my way of inking...kind of...!


Here is a clean-up drawing of the comics page. When I thought about this page I wanted something simple and easy, and I also wanted to tell a story. But how can you tell a story that has been told in so many ways before, without repeating and get lost in the horror of it. Plus I also wanted it to translate to the here and the now, because people that are considered different are still to this day being hunted or being moved about. I know, it is a tall order but that was what I was thinking about.


The inked version of the same page. As you notice, the final panel is different on the inked version. After I inked it I kind of didn’t like the final panel (the one on the pencilled page). So I gave it some more thought and redrew it and inked it and put it there and scanned it! It works better now I think.

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar