fredag 14 november 2014

A new grip on the pencil!

In my design process, that is still ongoing...! I had some pictures of actresses that I thought was spot on, for my various female characters to be designed. First off I have to declare that I am not a portrait artist! But for the sake of the design process I took the bull by the horns! And it was tough, real tough.

My drawings wasn’t nearly as close to the character of the person as the picture was. But something happened...when I was nearly done and I thought that I can at least do one more, before I call it quits. For some reason I gripped my pencil on the upper half of it, thereby loosing control of the tip (kind of) and therefor not being able to control the drawing, and therefor the drawing came out better; than the previous ones!

Last week I tried it ones more and it kind of works. When I hold my pencil as I usually do, I tend to focus on the details, but by holding it this way I can’t really control it and I let go, and the result is better for it. So, try it out!

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar