fredag 12 april 2013

Turning something bad into something positive

Lately I've had this pile of papers that I didn't know what to do with.


So what is this? Well, it's a pile of broken dreams, broken hopes, broken expectations, and basically everything that's wrong with the world to day. To speak bluntly it's a pile of shit!

So what to do...? First I thought that I should set it all on fire and jump naked through the flames, but on second thought I'm not so sure my landlord would appreciate that... and I wanted to do something creative with it, like, turning shit into something positive.

And then it dawned on me, why don't I make sketchbooks of it all!


Here is the pile in a more organized fashion, and with more dramatic setting...


Here I've parted them into sketchbook-sizes.


And voila, four new sketchbooks! First I wanted to augment them, with covers and so on, but after giving that some more thought, I came up with this: a pile of shit is still shit even if you cover it in gold. So the only augmentation I made was to add cardboard at the bottom to make them sturdy. So for the time being I'm all set when it comes to sketchbooks/logbooks!

Take care!

P.s I have a fascination for English dialects, many years ago I saw an episode of the british tv-series "Cold feet" where one of the characters pronounces the word shit as shait. I think it's a norhern England dialect, but I'm not sure. So that is how I've seen this pile, as a pile of shait!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar