fredag 8 februari 2013

Scheduling the creativity?

Unfortunately I haven't yet looked at the inked pages, I've been busy with other stuff that have monopolized my time. Later today though, I'm going through them.

The question above is something I've been thinking about lately, maybe that's something that would fit better in a forum of some sort. My thoughts have been something like this: Nowadays I put about one day a week on my comics project, including updating this blog. Sometimes I do more, like on evenings and weekends, but roughly it's one day a week. The pros: I'm confident that I'm getting things done every week, I move the project further to completion. I can afford myself to have evenings off. The cons: The nagging sensation of the question; am I doing my very best, and am I trying hard enough?

As you can see the positive outweighs the negative here, but that last question is after me. On the other hand I do know that my work benefits from taking breaks now and then, you know the fresh eyes I've been writing about. And I do know that I get these time periods when I do more work than that particular day. Maybe there is no answer to the question above, it's all in how you or I wants to have things. I tend to structure things and put things in their proper place, even the creativity it seems... But shouldn't the creativity be something wild and untamed and sort of god given? And not something structured and planned?

Maybe we should take it down a notch... and ask myself, do I get stuff done? Yes. Do I feel creative? Yes, even on my creative day... Is the work that I do of any quality? I hope so, and if not, I hope I'm getting there.

I think we're not going to get any further on this particular question today, maybe we should simmer in it for a while and then go at it again...

If you have any thoughts on the subject please feel free to comment!

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar