fredag 11 maj 2012

Composition in RGB

Hi there!

We continue with yet another composition. This piece is part of a series with paintings where I based the paintings on red, green and blue. I wanted to explore these colors more and see where they took me. I also thought that it was cool to paint anological with the colors that monitors or TVs base their colors on. In this period I almost only painted with acrylics on canvas. And as you see I've taken a photo of it.

The challenge with this painting was to get harmony between the larger fields but also within them. I think I painted it in '06 or '07. If I remember correctly it took some time to paint it, because I didn't want one small color field to pop out! In this period I painted squares, it sounds silly I know, but I did! Now, when I look back on these paintings I see them as training or exercises in blending color. And as you acrylic painters know if it's one skill you get with painting in acrylics, it's color blending, because the color dries so fast, so if you have to make corrections you need to blend exactly that same nuance that you painted with earlier!

This makes me remember what one of my class mates from animation school said, about her first semester in preparatory art school. As she remembers it, what she did that first semester was to blend colors.

Take care!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar