onsdag 16 maj 2012

Composition in RGB 2

Today we will finish the series of compositions with one of the last pieces that I painted.

But we start with the story!

Last week I told you about the project RGB where I wanted to explore those three colors. In 2009 I did this painting, acrylics on canvas. This piece in some way finishes the composition phase in my painting. The figure in the middle is an abstraction of the form of Christ as it is pictured on the cross of resurrection/uppståndelse korset. As a confirmation gift I got one of those neck pieces where the figure of Christ on the cross is taken out, so you can look through the cross. This image has had an impact on me and I've done a few works about it. The three fields of color can symbolize the Trinity, when I've looked at the painting I can sometimes see a bird in the blue field... My object with this painting was to keep it fresh and vibrant, and also to find harmony in the whole painting.

And with this piece we close the chest on the compositions, and as I've written elsewhere these works were studies to explore and to play and to learn. It's been fun to share these works that is more arty than the other stuff that I put up here. Not to say that the drawings and such are not art, but what is art anyway...? That is a question I'm not even going to try to answer...! I'll save that one for another day!

Be sure to check back next week when we will look at some new and fresh artwork for a new concept of mine!

Take care!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar