fredag 20 april 2012

Me and Modesty part 5

Welcome to the fifth and final part of my Modesty Blaise project! As always we begin with the story...

During this project I've experiencing every sentiment from "happy happy, joy joy" to "Oh my Lord, why has thou forsaken me". I first thought of the project as something fun, and kind of trivial actually, but that soon changed and it began to be more and more serious. I'm quite amazed by that!
So how have I chosen to end this project? Of course with a comic strip!
In doing this comic strip I wanted:
-action!
-that the strip be somewhere in the middle of the adventure.
-close-ups
-show the kongo/yawara.
-to give a picture of the whole adventure.
-to show Modesty and Willies relationship and their past in Network.
-Tarrant.
-a classic Modesty strip.
-clear (ink)black.
-a cliffhanger?

Well, I'm not sure I could fill only one strip with all this, but I sure tried!


When I had done some work on the strip I figured that the third panel didn't quite work so I made this panel instead which I think suits the strip better:


A couple of days ago I noticed that this panel could be added to the the original strip as a fourth panel, but I didn't do that because I wanted the trip to be only three panels.

And here it is in all it's glory:


I wanted to use similar fonts as they use in the Modesty Blaise books published here in Sweden by Egmont in 2006. I think I've gotten quite close.

As a bonus here is the strip inked with brush, (my previous attempts with inking with brush has been epic fails) I was so amazed by the fact that it came out alright that I wanted to share it with you:


And that's it for me for now.

Take care!

P.s And of course as you probably already knew Modesty Blaise is created 1962 by Peter O'Donnell (1920-2010) and drawn by several artists but the first to draw the comic was Jim Holdaway (1927-1970). I hope I haven't enraged them in doing this tribute...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar