fredag 12 augusti 2011

Weekend update!

Hi!

Another summer and another icon!

A couple of weeks ago, I went to an icon painting course at Nya slottet Bjärka Säby. We spent a week painting icons. This time I wanted to paint Luke the apostle, according to the Orthodox Church he made the first icon, so he is the patron saint of artists, he is also the patron saint of medicine, so he was a man with many talents!
I took pictures of the icon in progress, monday this week I finished it. Its great to try out a way to paint pictures that has so many years behind it. What you see here is my second icon, I will paint another, since I'm not sure St Luke is happy with this one I'm going to paint him another one! I'm currently searching for a great icon or picture of an icon that I can use as a model.

Take care!


Here I've drawn the lines with a paint brush. (I've turned the photo but it will not stay that way, don't ask me why...)



Here I've begun with the halo.


I've put on some more paint.


More details.


I've begun working on the face which is the hardest part, at least according to me!


More details.

Almost done save the frame and the text.


The icon is now done, the text says "The holy evangelist Luke". Now the icon will get some well deserved rest, at least 6 months, then I'm going to do some more work, like varnish etc.

1 kommentar:

  1. Såg den här först nu. Den är superhäftig! Jag gillar den skarpt!
    Way to go eforcer!, full speed ahead!

    SvaraRadera