fredag 22 juli 2011

Weekend-update!

Hi!

I'm very happy to share this picture with you, although it is shot in beautiful back-light... This wednesday I finished the current work on the violin I'm making, so during the rest of the summer it will hang in my kitchen window to get some color. This autumn I'm going to put varnish on it, only about 12 (twelve) coats... Violin making is a fascinating work! Since I'm all thumbs this project has been some kind of a test and challenge for me, I started making it in autumn 2004, with hiatus autumn 2008-spring 2009. What's the most fascinating with violin making is that every part of the work is followed by an even more difficult part! Well, all that is behind me now and I just look at it with great pride. Since this is my first violin I've probably done every fault there is to make, so this is a learning-violin, and hopefully the next one will be more up to par, so to speak.

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar